Sunday, October 30, 2011

WHAT? ANOTHER SNOWMAN?

What can I say? I'm on a snowman binge. I can't believe how good it feels sculpting with paper mache clay again. I'm trying to take it slowly and not overdo but when it's this much fun it's hard to take it slow. So far my hand is holding up and I'm getting a few pieces ready for the online Christmas craft show. My goal is to complete six snowmen for the show and this is the fourth one that I've finished. The final two are nearing completion and should be finished within the next week. 

Without saying more it is my pleasure to introduce Seymour the snowman.

I just love the way his little carrot nose turns up.


I really like the way the metallic paints look when dry brushed over the base colors. They look much nicer in natural lighting but since it's so dark here this time of year I have to make do with my light bar and flash.

Seymour and the other snowmen that I've posted so far are between 8 1/4" and 8 1/2" tall and 3" wide. This makes them the idea size for decorating is tight spots. I intend to sit one of my snowmen on my fireplace mantel beside a brass candle holder.

Just a reminder, the Old Fashioned Christmas Craft Show is less than two weeks away.



Hope you've enjoyed seeing another snowman and  you're having a wonderful weekend.

As always, thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Dianie said...

well Seymour is absolutely darlin'

I like the metallic look as well:)

My motto is: YOU can never make too many Snowmen ;)

Looks like you're having a blast!!

Hugs,
~Diane

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, love how smiley he is! Glad your hand's holding up :o)

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Maddyrose, Bellamine & Wendy,

Gee, from the weather reports it looks like a lot of towns here in this part of the world are having fun building real snowmen.

But since you live at the North Pole I guess it's not that exciting since you can build one anytime you want.

Is the North Pole in darkness 24 hours a day now? WOW, that sounds like so much fun.

Hugs,
Prudence

We like Seymour.

Christel said...

Hi Maddy, I am loving these snow men! Seymour is sweet as can be! I love his profile! Such a cute little face, and yes, the metallics are working great! keep em coming, we like! Have a great week, Christel

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

This one's nose is so cute. You have such a way with the paper clay. I've bought some to play with but has 2 more things to finish first....a certain tree and a donkey. Oma Linda

Ascension said...

Se ve tan adorable y amorosa!!!!
Me encanta.
besitos ascension

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

awe Seymour is cute :).best of luck for your craft show.

yoborobo said...

Seymour is so darn cute and happy! I love his little nose. You are on a roll with these little men from snow country. ;) xox!

Kays Kids said...

Bellamine and Wendy, do the snow men play with you or are they tooooo cold to hug.
Warm Hugs
Wilbur.

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Your snow people are really cute. Love Seymour.
Have a great week creating,

Lois

Jan said...

I like Seymour. He looks mighty pleased with himself and why shouldn't he? Good work and glad your hands are holding up.

orchid0324 said...

Hello♪ Dearest Maddy,
Oh, how adorable Seymour is♡♡♡
Yes, I love his truly cute nose.
I am not sure if it is the place you have fun for English speaking people, but I smiled the way you said "snowman binge" Oh, I can understand how you cannot take it slow♬ Please take care of yourself and as you said try not too over do, my friend.
Always lovely to see your creations♬♬♬
Much Love, my friend, Orchid*

Anonymous said...

It just amazes me how quickly you create your art. I love your snowmen and can't wait to see the remaining two.