I've finished the last of the four Santa figures that were a part of my experimenting with paper mache clay and am now working on getting the bodies finished for the three Santa heads that I showed you in a previous post.
Santa has one little bear left to be delivered.
I painted this Santa red using the same technique as I used painting the last two but with a whole different outcome. On the last two Santas the paint appeared to be worn off and faded but on this Santa it looks deeper as if years of handling have left the piece with a grimy film sometimes referred to as a patina.
I'm happy with the way they turned out and wish my photography skills were better.
My four test subjects have been very helpful in my attempts to develop a paper mache clay recipe that is so far working very well for my needs. That was my goal when I started this experiment so I would say it was a huge success. I'll be making another batch of PMC today to use on those three Santas I mentioned at the beginning of this post.
I'm also working on a few dolls one of which is for a challenge and another one that I got the idea for last March and hopefully will be finished within the next week.
As always, thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your day.