Wednesday, March 14, 2012

NOW WE HAVE TWO

I finished the second Irish lass, Penny's little sister Phoebe. Unlike Penny this little one is not a shelf sitter and is able to stand unassisted. She's made of muslin and is button jointed so she can be posed.


I decided to go with the 'Pumpkin' yarn for her hair which is thicker and longer than Penny's. 



Sampson and Katie decided to join the sisters for some play time. I think the colors in this photo are much truer than they were in the photos I showed on the last post. 
 




I'm hoping to be able to work on one of the paper mache bunnies this afternoon and I just might be able to start painting it tomorrow if I have time after I help Bellamine and Wendy bake some cookies. They have a new cookie cutter they want to try and they think baking cookies is a way of helping out around the house. I think cleaning the bath rooms would be a better way of helping but that suggestion got vetoed so I guess it's still my job.

Well, it's about time for me to get back to work. I've got a few messes to clean up so I can make a few more. I think I'm over the doll making bug and will be concentrating my efforts on getting those bunnies finished. It'll be Easter before long and I'll still be trying to get bunnies painted.

As always, thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Maddyrose

12 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Miss Maddyrose,

"BEE-U-TEE-FUL". And, of course, I love Katie and Sampson. (o: (Kin).

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence

Hi Bellamine & Wendy,

Sure wish I was there to help with baking cookies. Giggle.

Kays Kids said...

What a beautiful Phoebe, The two sisters look so great together.
Hugs Kay
Belamine and Wendy, I wish I was at you house making cookies today. Nuthin hapnin here.
Hugs Wilbur

yoborobo said...

They are so cute together! I love their dresses. As for homemade cookies, please pass the plate. :)) xox

Maggie said...

They are just adorable, Maddy! I Love them!

Katy Cameron said...

We love Pheobe, and we'd taking baking cookies over cleaning bathrooms any day!

Hugs

The Clan and Jack

Hill Top Post said...

What a fast worker you are! Your girls are just lovely...wonderful dresses, too!

Cobblestone Creations said...

They are simply darling!

Dianie said...

They are both darling!
They look like they can whip up a batch of scrumptious cookies too :)

Have fun with your paper mache bunnies :)

Hugs,
Diane

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Maddy,
What an adorable little sister Penny had♡♡♡ Oh, She looks SO happy to be with Phoebe. Just like I'm feeling the same delight recently, Yey♬♬♬ I wonder Belamine and Wendy had a help making cookies from you.

So sorry for my late comment. I am or we are really puzzling over how we can handle many guests in our small house.
Maybe short post without picture, but you will know the chaos next week.
Lots of love and Hugs to you, xoxo Miyako*

Crystal said...

You always blow me away with your fantastic work. Love the Irish lasses! :-)

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Maddy. I didn't know you made dolls. They are gorgeous.
Hugs,
Susan

Ascension said...

Pero que preciosidad de muñecas, me he enamorado de ellas.
besitos ascension