Friday, November 2, 2012

GOOD THINGS HAVE BEEN HAPPENING TO ME

With all of the terrible things that happen to people like what has been in the news these past few days concerning the people who are still without power and the others who are even less fortunate due to the devastation wrought by hurricane Sandy I feel a bit guilty about how lucky I have been lately.

By now because my sister has let it be known, some of you have heard that my doll Lula seen here




Has her photo on page 68 of this magazine...


The same day I learned about Lula getting into the magazine I received an email saying another doll (or dolls because it' a Topsy Turvy doll) will appear in the Spring issue of this magazine. For someone who never expected to have one doll get into a magazine you can imagine how pleased I am. Surprised and pleased!

Then yesterday while I was out shopping with my daughter a package was left on my porch and when I opened it I found this inside.



This dear little bear is Teddy's Teddy (100th Anniversary Limited Edition) Isn't he adorable?

And I also found this...



  my very own Troll Knoll.

With this to add to my Halloween decorations I'm sure my collection is nearly complete. Thank you Oma Linda. You're too good to me.

Is it any wonder I think she's wonderful?


These two feline sweeties sitting next to Teddy are Kitty Galore and Itty Bitty Kitty both made by my sister Maggie. She and I made kitties like these about 20 years ago for a Christmas Craft Fair and I made one for my granddaughter Ariel.  Thank you Maggie. If you ever want these two back you'll have to fight me for them or beg really hard. Just kidding.

There are more good things that have happened to me lately but I'm going to save them for another time.

I want to wish you all a happy weekend and as always, thanks for stopping by.


19 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

CONGRATULATIONS, you!
She's beautiful and you deserve the accolades.
Hugs,
Susan

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

So happy for you. Congrats.

Jan Conwell said...

Lula always knew she was destined for greatness, you know. That palm reader said. ;~)

Congrats on the good things. Never feel guilty when good things happen, just pass along your prayers and good vibes where you can. Good stuff never hurts anybody. (love the kittehs.)

Dianie said...

Congratulations Maddy!

That is so exciting and so well deserved :)
You should most certainly feel good about your accomplishments.

And, another fantastic surprise!
I love your sweet bear, and a Troll Knoll.
both are just darlin' :)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

~Diane

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I am so thrilled for you. Two dolls in the magazine is a grand slam. Lulu is amazing. Just amazing. I expect her to start talking and telling us her story at any moment.
And as to the "make-up" presents....well I would have sent them anyway along with a certain missing in action mask...still no signs or evidence of foul play. I for ever more think of my bestest buddy Maddy when I see a bear with some character and Teddy's teddy seemed to fill the bill.
I'm so proud for you.
And I can't leave out your mucho talented sister Maggie. A force to be dealt with I'd wager.

yoborobo said...

Congrats! YAY! I love hearing some good news (for a change - lol). And your new goodies are wonderful. Have a great weekend! xox

Kays Kids said...

Maddy rose, I am thrilled to the bottom of my boots for you. How exciting, you deserve every bit of the publicity. Love your gals so much with her purple pants. Wow. Keep it going.
Big Hugs
Kay

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

Congrats! So happy for you and your talent is always amazing!

Love your special prizes...LUCKY!

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Maddy,
OMG☆☆☆ What a wonderful news and CONGRATULATIONS to you and your lovely Lula(^_^)彡☆ Your talent sure deserve to be published in the magazine♬♬♬

I LOVE the Teddy's Teddy (100th Anniversary Limited Edition)!!! I wish to have the puddle like teddy bear; no permission from my husband p;)
I hope you will have wonderful Sunday.

Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan to my dear bs in America, xoxo Miyako*

Crystal said...

Congratulations! It couldn't happen to a better doll artist. Lula huh? It is from the "One for the money book?" Love it...and I have read them all. :-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Yeh, I am so happy for you and proud of you!!! I love Oma Linda's gifts!!! Very precious ;o)

Hill Top Post said...

Oops, got my comment intended for this post on the Halloween one. Congratulations, again!

Kayzy said...

Congratulations, Maddy. In sharing the good things happening to you, others (including me) can share your happiness, too.
Hugs,
Kayzy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It makes us all happy to see good things happening! I sure love those sweet kitties! I can't wait to get back to sewing! Sweet hugs!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

What a great surprise! Congratulations on having your doll published, well deserved!

Ascension said...

Enhorabuena por todas las cosas hermosas que te estan pasando.
Por la publicacion y por todos tus regalos.
besitos ascension

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

Congratulations on having your doll in the magazine. You are so talented.

I love those kitties. So cute!!

Hugs
Iris

Maggie said...

Teddy's Teddy is precious! Oma Linda is a generous lady.
I'm glad you wanted the kitties. They haven't been on display for ages. Hugs

Katy Cameron said...

Woohoo, congrats on the magazine feature, and love the teddy and kitties :o)