Friday, December 28, 2012

DOWN TO THE FINISH LINE

So.... In case you were wondering, I managed to finish up with everything Christmas Eve day and  I took a few photos to show you so you can see how busy I actually was. The photos are of the prep area waiting for me to start putting everything into gift bags.



There were 22 of these nifty red bakery boxes filled with cookies.....  I really like the boxes and think they add so much to the gift. If the cookies aren't up to snuff at least they look pretty, don't they?



.......and there were 6 tins of fudge and 12 mini loaves of Christmas breads.



Snickerdoodles anyone? I made the tags on the boxes and wrote the name of the cookie on the reverse side.



I did the same for the breads.

The baked goods and homemade fudge ended up in gift bags that were delivered to neighbors and friends on Christmas eve. This year I also made the Christmas cards which is something I've never got around to trying before. I liked making them so much I'm going to try to make all of the ones I send out next year.

We had a lovely Christmas and I'm going to spend this week enjoying the peace and quiet and rest up from all of the work spent getting ready for Christmas. I'll be taking down the decorations and putting them away the weekend after New years.  We have a tradition in our family. The decorations are up for the most part for my birthday and come down a month later after my daughter's birthday.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and at this time I want to wish you a very


~Happy New Year~

As always, thanks for stopping by. 

16 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Happy Birthday to you ♫

Hi Miss Maddyrose,

OMM (oh my mohair) you were so busy. I guess the last few days before Christmas are hectic at the North Pole. You need quiet time and a chance to just enjoy the decorations.

Mom's Grandparents left their decorations up until the Epiphany, her Gram called it "Little Christmas", and she loved going there because all the decorations were still up. We love to hear about traditions. (o:

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence ♥

Bellamine and Wendy okay?

Drora's minimundo said...

Wow! Stunning gifts with beautiful wrappings. Great work! Tou deserve a good rest now.
Happy New Year!
Hugs, Drora

Unknown said...

Oh My Gosh!! You have been very busy and your gifts are spectacular...they look so inviting and yummy...I am inspired to do that next year.

Hope your Christmas was a wonderful time.

XOXO
Dessa Rae

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Makes me wish I lived next door to you! heehee! And I hope you have a Happy Birthday! Mine's coming up soon, too! Enjoy the weekend ahead! Hugs!

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Cuantas personas fueron felices con esos maravillosos y dulces regalos, , feliz año nuevo:)

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

You were certainly busy! Everything turned out so pretty and I am quite sure everything was very delicious.

Happy New Year

IrelandBrady said...

Wow! I'll bet your neighbors REALLY love your Christmas Goody Packages! That is awesome Maddy Rose! I love how lovingly and beautifully you packaged each gift.

We leave our tree up until sometime after the New Year too. Usually take it down sometime after my hubby's b'day on 1/11 ....

Happy New Year Maddy Rose!

Dianie said...

That is a lot of baking :)

Your packaging is beautiful and I'll bet everything inside is scrum*dilly*umptious!!!

You deserve a spell of rest and relaxtion :)

Happy relaxing,
~Diane

carmen said...

feliz año nuevo!

Katy Cameron said...

Down to the wire? Lightweight, everyone knows it's only down to the wire if it's after midnight on Christmas Eve, not that I would know anything about that... *cough* every year *cough*

The goodies all look fab though, and I'm sure they were well received :o) I'm currently building furniture, but I should be done by dinner time (it's lunchtime right now) and then I can rest and play too :o)

Have a great new year :o)

yoborobo said...

Did I mention I am moving next door and that I am very fond of snickerdoodles and fudge (just to make it easy for you planning-wise). Holy cow, woman! Put those feet up and rest! Job well done! Happy new year - xox

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh my... what a treasure trove of treats you made! I can see why you would need the help of a few elves! Here's wishing you a wonderful New Years filled with inspiration, laughter, and love!
Best~
♥Sharon
Plumrose Lane

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Mrs. Santa.....me thinks you should be on a beach somewhere kickin it. Wow talk about a busy worker bee. And then you cooked Christmas dinner????
Hope you're resting up and takin' it easy. S&S Oma Linda

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow, can I be your neighbor? You busy little girl! I hope you are resting ;o) Happy New Year ;o)

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Maddy,
So sorry for my belated comment. I was REALLY impressed and admire you what you have accomplished for your Christmas☆☆☆ Sure was a BIG JOB, wasn't it♬♬♬  Yes, how much I wish to live close to you like other your friends said. Your family and neighbors must be pleased with your tasty cookies and breads(♥^_^♥)~* And your family tradition is wonderful♡♡♡
Wishing that your coming year 2013 will be happy and prosperous one for you and all of your lovely family, my dear sister in America.

Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Flora said...

Where do you find the time???? I used to make Snickerdoodles all the time and it shows....HA!!!
Have a Prosperous and Happy New Year dear MaddyRose!!!
Blessings,Flora