Sunday, April 22, 2012

ON TOP OF OLD BALDY

Have you every been bothered by something that you couldn't ignore and you knew the only way you were going to be able to move on was to do something about whatever it was that bothered you? That is what was happening to me each time I looked at the women heads that were without hair. It wasn't as bad before I started painting them but once they started to look more alive it was something I couldn't ignore.

This is what I'm talking about:

 

A wee bit creepy, you think??? Yeah, I think so too.




What a difference a bit of hair can make!! I'm more comfortable being around them and I'm sure they're relieved. I haven't finished styling the hair, that will come later but for now this works for me.

I've done a bit more painting and couldn't resist showing you the other older gentleman I've been working on. This one's my favorite.



the second little old man



and the first....





The little baldy in the corner that I haven't said anything about is actually the first head of the 13 heads I've been working on. I'd intended on using a doll body pattern that Maggie designed but this head is smaller than it should be for the size of the body so I set her aside. I'm still trying to decide whether I wanted to re size the pattern or go with something else.

Yesterday I went shopping for fabric to dress the older gents and found something that might be suitable. Now I've got to decide how I want to make the bodies for them. Decisions decisions.

Our weather turned out perfect for the weekend. It's supposed to reach 80 degrees by 4:00 this afternoon. Could be the lawn will get mowed today.

I sure hope you are having a wonderful weekend. As always, thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Maddy

13 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Oh yes, those women look much more happy with hair now! Loving your favourite older guy too :o)

Kays Kids said...

First of all I have to tell you, the first older gentleman is wonderful.
So much character.
The girls look much happier with hair.
hugs
Kay

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

The hair is a lovely addition, they do look a bit happier.
The older gentlemen are my favorites. I'm going to enjoy seeing them outfitted.
Hugs,
Susan

Julie said...

You are an incredible artist! J

yoborobo said...

I love that first older gent. He reminds me of Scrooge AFTER he realizes what is important. :)) And the ladies look very pleased with their 'do's'! I still have heads staring at me. I hope to finish one this week. xox

orchid0324 said...

Dearest Maddy,
Oh, they started to look so much happier with hair. I smiled with the title you put with this post, my friend♡♡♡
And I am sure you will give them wondeful bodies.

We are having spring strong wind;less than a week ago, it blew all the cherry blossoms away; and a bit of rain.

Please have a wonderful new week,
Love you always, xoxo Miyako*

Jan said...

These all have a lot of personality already. It is fun watching the progression of your work. Hope you got the grass mowed yesterday, supposed to be wet again after today.

Hill Top Post said...

Did you say 13 heads? Wow, not only are you incredibly talented, but a heck of a worker. I am anxious to see more of these characters...love them all!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Everyone looks better with hair...heehee! You are talented my friend! These are all so good!

Cobblestone Creations said...

My jaw is in my lap! These are all simply amazing.

And I do agree about the hair ~ otherwise it makes me sad to think they are all little chemo patients.

Anxiously waiting to see them done! xxx

Maggie said...

They do look much better with hair. I especially like the short "do". And that second little ond man has my heart. Laura's comment made me chuckle.

Maggie said...

I was going to add that I think the head you made for my body pattern would be perfect. Just resize the body and finish her!

Ascension said...

Me encantan con el pelo, van tomando personalidad.
Estoy deseando ver en que se convierten.
besitos ascension